Riso printing uses a stencil-based duplication method to crank out lots of pages at a lower cost. You can choose from a variety of colorful Rice Bran Oil inks.
These are the colors we currently print with. If you need a large quantity of prints, we can discuss ordering more colors.
How it Works
Risograph machines create a stencil (sometimes called a master), which will be repeatedly inked and rolled over a page.
Designing for Riso
To prepare artwork for multi-color Riso printing, you will need to provide a file for each color. You can either print your entire document in one color, like this:
or you can overlap multiple colors, like this:
With proper artwork setup, you can do overprinting, where you print multiple colors over each other to achieve different colors or even an image.
Our Riso RZ990 is digital! You can print directly from our workstation PC at 600dpi quality.
You can print up to 11×17 paper!
Our standard paper includes:
- Standard 20# office copy paper (letter, legal, and tabloid)
- Higher-quality 60-70# text, recommended for multi-color or 2-sided jobs (letter and tabloid)
- A rotating variety of colors, cardstock, etc.
If you want to know if we have a particular paper please just send an email.
Doing a large volume or have specific needs? We can order custom paper by the ream or carton.
You can also access the following at the Reprographixxx Print Room:
- Professional-grade imposition software for desktop publishing of books & zines
- Folding machine for brochures, etc.