Riso printing uses a stencil-based duplication method to crank out lots of pages at a lower cost. You can choose from a variety of colorful Rice Bran Oil inks.
These are the colors we currently print with. If you need a large quantity of prints, we can discuss ordering more colors.
How it Works
Risograph machines create a stencil (sometimes called a master), which will be repeatedly inked and rolled over a page.
Designing for Riso
To prepare artwork for multi-color Riso printing, you will need to provide a file for each color. You can either print your entire document in one color, like this:
or you can overlap multiple colors, like this:
There is also an advanced technique you can do called overprinting, where you print multiple colors over each other to achieve different colors – or even an image!
(Our Riso RZ990 is digital! You can print directly from our workstation PC at 600dpi quality.)
You can print up to 11×17 paper!
Our standard paper includes:
- Standard 20# office copy paper (letter, legal, and tabloid)
- Higher-quality 60-70# text, recommended for multi-color or 2-sided jobs (letter and tabloid)
- A rotating variety of colors, cardstock, etc.
If you want to know if we have a particular paper please just send an email.
Doing a large volume or have specific needs? We can order custom paper by the ream or carton.
You can also access the following at the Reprographixxx Print Room:
- Professional-grade imposition software for desktop publishing of books & zines
- Folding machine for brochures, etc.